The KYC Supervisor role is responsible for managing the day-to-day KYC processes and compliance program. The KYC Supervisor role will take charge and provide oversight for the KYC function and support in understanding its customer risk profile and developing risk-mitigating controls.
Along with the key functions listed below, this position will be expected to uphold the values that places on simply being nice when working alongside colleagues and servicing our clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage the KYC process for high risk customers (e.g. identify the purpose of the account, confirm source of wealth, review adverse media, etc.) as part of onboarding, periodic reviews, and event driven reviews;
- Ensure that sufficient customer due diligence (CDD) was collected by the lines of business to develop an understanding of normal and expected activity based on the customer occupation or business operations for high risk customers;
- Design and applying mitigating controls for high risk customer types;
- Provide advisory support to the lines of business on KYC issues and concerns as necessary;
- Work with, and supporting on issues relating to customer acceptance, customer risk rating, CDD, mitigating controls, adverse media, and any other delegated areas of the compliance program;
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies and procedures relating to all aspects of KYC;
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to junior KYC staff.
- Ensure that potentially unusual or suspicious transactions are appropriately identified and escalated appropriately;
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in preparing and processing KYC forms strongly desired.
- Client Service or Data Quality and Controls experience is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, planning and follow-up skills, ability to multitask effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to partner with internal partners and leverage internal resources.
- Prior management/supervisory experience is a plus
- Strong coach/people developer
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Independent, self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to use various PC and internet applications and tools to support the KYC process, including reporting, analyzing and tracking metrics.